Old December 30th 05, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default plane to carry bikes?

"karel" wrote in message

"AINut" schreef in bericht
What would you guys recommend to carry 4 or 5 GoldWings and their riders?
Doesn't need to be able to cross an ocean 8-). It needs to be one that
mere mortals can afford, so 747's and C5's are out.

Are you claiming you're a mere mortal
& can afford several goldwings?

Apart counting $, let's count weight.
A GoldWing weighs in at some 400lbs, I should guess?

.... more like 800 lbs. each ...

Bernie
(that boxcar in next post isn't even halfway; how about a hushed
three-holer, ex-UPS or so?)

Generally two people on top, another 300 lbs?
So 4-5 times 700lbs = +/- 3000 lbs payload
plus fuel plus luggage plus whatever...?

If you're not in the US of A, an An-2 might come near, though not close
at least if you can manage to board the GoldWing things
Next close might be a DHC6 TwinOtter
But I cannot imagine any homebuilt in that weight range,
so in this NG I can't see much of a useable answer.

Consider a DC-3, perhaps?
But that's closer to a HD than to a goldwing, i'm afraid.