Old March 11th 10, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane

Default Shipping a sail[plane from west coast of US to Brazil?

On Mar 11, 8:54*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:
On Mar 10, 11:49*pm, Dennis wrote:

On Mar 10, 7:19*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:

Hi Guys,
What's the best way to get it there?
Load my open trailer in a container and have it trucked to east coast?
What port?
Recommended shiping line?
Recommended broker? Do I need one?
Any idea of overall cost?
Any help appreciated,
JJ

I am driving from CA to FLA, hopefully in time for Sun'N'Fun in order
to tow a new glider back. *I could tow one to the East Coast for you,
(or anyone else??) at a great savings. *I was getting rail quotes for
a 40' container almost $5000, L.A. to Melbourne. *I could deliver it
to a shipping departure in FLA. *Check on shipping rates from Fla. to
Brazil. *Start with Matson and Horizon.--Dennis

Thanks Dennis,
Buyer inspection early next week and hopefully a handshake with the
passing of 'coin-of-the realm', then airworthiness for export
inspection and cert + de-regestering, etc......................not
sure of the timing. Will keep your offer in mind.
JJ

You could just get really high in the wave at minden, transition down
to cal city......let's see, 45,000' at 40:1 plus the downwind
component...Well, I guess you'll need a thermal over mexico
somewhere...

John Cochrane