Old October 13th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators,rec.aviation.ifr
akiley[_1_]

Default G1000 simulator

The best I could do with the CD yoke and pedals was to get aileron to
bank only. The plane does not turn with aileron only. The pedals
cause it to turn, so I can use the both together. The throttle works.
I think the track up mode is messed up to where the heading doesn't
align with you track.

I used CH's manager that aloud me to map the functions on my yoke, but
it took a lot of messing around.

Have you hit the Menu button two times on the G1000? You get all sort
of options as to where the aircraft is placed at startup. I now,
disconnect my joystick by setting it to off mode in the manager. If
you don't have a similar manager, just physically unplug your yoke or
joystick. When unplugged, all the items on the Menu/Menu page can be
set. You can have your aircraft autopilot on the flightplan you have
activated, or just manually put in headings, airspeed, altitude etc.

Too bad Garmin couldn't get a very rough flight sim going by just
getting controls to work in a very basic manner. But Garmin is much
better than other companies. I tried to get Bendix to make a KLN94 GPS
only sim. They claimed they were working on it 3 years ago, but it
never happened. Akiley