Old April 18th 04, 12:10 AM
Ray Andraka

I get better gas mileage in my '65 Cherokee Six than a Hummer gets on the
highway, 153 MPH at 14 GPH = 10.9 miles per gallon (statute miles). It is
also better mileage than my first car got, which was from nearly the same
time...a loaded '67 Ford LTD sedan that had a 390 cu in engine that drank 96
Octane minimum. I think LTD stood for Ford's Light Tank Division.

wrote:

On 16-Apr-2004, "Tony Cox" wrote:

I'd have expected those who chose Libertarian would be
a substantially higher proportion than the general population and the
Greens substantially lower. Pilots are a self-reliant independent bunch,
keen on driving machines whose gas consumption puts SUV's to
shame.

Taking into account that I can fly from point A to point B in a straight
line (rather than following a highway), my Arrow gets about the same fuel
efficiency (at 65% cruise) as a typical sedan. A Mooney would do even
better.

--
-Elliott Drucker

--