Old February 22nd 06, 11:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Narrowing it down... Comanche?

Douglas Paterson wrote:
: "Knowledgeable" is a different story; I'm learning from the ground-up here.
: My small-airplane experience has been solely renting up to now, and a good
: 10 years out of date to boot. I'm taking care of the currency issue by
: starting to fly w/ the local aero club, but I won't become an overnight
: mechanic by doing that! Are you suggesting that a high level of A&P-ish
: knowledge is a prerequisite to owning an older airplane--or is the
: willingness to learn enough?

In many ways working on an airplane is a lot like working on an old car, only
simpler. Some things are definately in the "ignorance can hurt it" category, though.
Working with an A&P is a great way to save money, learn a lot, and be safer flying
because you understand the systems better and can more accurately troubleshoot and
repair problems.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *