Old September 19th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Is rudder required for coordinated turns?

It depends on the plane. High performance planes almost always have
rudder interconnect. Planes like Arrows, Mooneys, Bonanzas, etc
automatically move the rudder when you roll the ailerons. In addition,
these planes are designed to not require much rudder anyway. However,
if the J-3 simulation acts that way, the sim developer doesn't know
what he's doing.

-Robert

Mxsmanic wrote:
Is it always necessary to use the rudder to execute a coordinated
turn? When I turn (in simulation) it seems that just rolling the
aircraft suffices, as long as the bank angle isn't too steep. (And
no, I don't have automatic rudder control enabled.)