Old January 7th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Revolution Mini 500 - is it buildable?

Richard Riley wrote:
An aviation writer friend of mine went to a Robinson training session

a few years ago. He said you had 1.3 seconds to dump the collective
in the R22.

He was thinking of writing an article and calling it "Small Helicopter
Safety: Myth or Fable?"

More recently, Frank Robinson has been reporting it as only 1.1
seconds.
But having said that and having experienced several "throttle chops" in
r-22
helicopters, I can attest that at least my reaction time falls at least
a couple
of tenths below that ! There's nothing like dumping that collective
and feeling
the aircraft pull away from your rear end (no matter how tight those
cheeks
try to hold on to that seat) !

Wayne