Old September 17th 03, 05:34 PM
Matt Wiser

Blinky the Shark wrote:
Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
Blinky the Shark wrote:

The question arose about whether or not there

were any US fusion bombs
dropped from aircraft for testing purposes.

The earliest fusion weapon drop I found, the

Cherokee test, in May 1956,
was a 3.8 megaton bomb dropped by a B-52.

The tests in Operation Dominic featured a

number of airdropped fusion
devices. A number of these were tests of

the warheads for the Minuteman
missile.

A good source for nuke tests is:

http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/

Thanks, Chad; I'll check the site out. And
thanks for the above data.

--
Blinky Linux
RU 297263

Blinky, did you find the reply I gave to your original post? If not, Project
CHEORKEE was a B-36 drop of the 3.6 MT weapon. Find the movie Trinity and
Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie. It has footage of the test, including the
test plane and the actual drop from the aircraft.