Old January 3rd 11, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rob.Russell

Default Flight navigation/moving map software for Android System

On Jan 3, 2:35*am, Max Kellermann wrote:
I am the one doing the port (now joined by Olaf Hartmann), and I took
the very long (and proper) way to do it: clean up the code base,
loosen it from its Windows origins, build the rendering engine on top
of a OS-unaware painting library, and implement a painting backend for
Linux/Android (using either SDL_gfx or OpenGL). *All of the other OS
specific things are abstracted too, but not all of it is implemented
on Linux yet. *It's not done yet, but it will be when the season in
the northern hemisphere starts (probably XCSoar 6.1).

Thanks for your efforts! My negative comments relate to other
attempts to port other Windows applications to Linux (and vice
versa!), done by other people -- I have never seen person or team
accomplish that kind of task adequately for my needs, including multi-
million-dollar corporate attempts.

I really do wish the best for this project.

I just installed XCSoar 5 minutes ago on my Desire Z to check it out.

You mean you installed XCSoar 6? *There's no 5 for Android.

5 minutes before writing that, I had only just then installed XCSoar
for Android.

Cheers,

Rob