Old December 24th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

Default After an annual?

So tell me, grasshopper, how many years of working on your airplane do you
have? Enough to qualify for the 30 months of experience to sit for the A&P
exam? And will your IA sign the experience letter so that you can take the
exam?

Then after a few years of legal wrenching can you walk into the FSDO and ask
for the signoff letter for your own IA? And carry on the tradition of your
mentor doing owner-assisted annuals? And then someone behind you gets to
carry on...and behind him/her ... and so on.

This is all one big circle, bucko, and you are somewhere on it.

Jim

But, the end is near. My IA is of sufficient age that he is hanging it up.
He may do another year with me, but maybe not. It is a shame that owner
assisted annuals are the exception rather than the rule.