Old June 18th 08, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
K l e i n[_2_]

Default Immediate Action Items Checklist

On Jun 17, 4:46 pm, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:
Do YOU have one? Do you rehearse it or practice it while the pressure
is off? If not, why not? What do you use for immediate action and why?

What I've been working on is a checklist for my wife to use to save
her life (and maybe mine) in the event of a sudden incapacitation of
the PIC (me). It's a turbine twin so it's no small task for someone
unfamiliar to get it on the ground safely. She has a ppsel but hasn't
flown solo in almost thirty years. At least she knows what a good
approach and landing looks like. In this case, a good landing would
not require reuse of the airplane.

K l e i n