Old November 28th 18, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default Class B Camper Van Wanted

On Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 11:06:44 PM UTC-7, Matt Herron (Sr) wrote:
Hi Jim: I agree with you about the sprinter.

I actually found a sprinter for 20k, It had 210,000 miles on it, but appeared to be in excellent condition. As you know, the mileage is not excessive for a diesel, but the van was the long wheelbase model, and really excessively large for my needs. I passed it up.
I'm not in a great hurry. The ideal van will turn up. Soaring season's a few months away.
Thanks for your advice.
Matt Herron

We had a Pleasureway Plateau TS, based on the newer Sprinter 3500 long-wheelbase dually and it was the finest glider trailer tow vehicle I have ever owned. The newer 6-cylinder diesel is more complex than the older 5-cylinder and can't use fuel that's more than 5% biodiesel. Also, watch out for the load capacity of the 2500-based Sprinters - some approached the legal weight limit.

Mike