Old October 20th 03, 07:45 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Peter R." wrote in message
Peter ) wrote:

Peter R. wrote

No, that is not what I am saying. The AP is already tracking the

current
course, which results in maintained heading. However, the heading bug
happens to be five degrees to either side of the current heading.

I take it you don't have an HSI - with an HSI it is the course pointer
(not the heading bug) which is set to the desired track. The heading
bug is ignored completely.

That's correct. I do not have experience flying behind an HSI. With about
500 hours in a C172, I am getting the itch to move up.

Then you need to think like the airplane.