Old December 1st 09, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flaps_50!

Default Check your gas.

On Dec 1, 2:00*pm, Mark wrote:
On Nov 30, 1:53*pm, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:

Meticulous pilot runs out of gas and can't land in a corn field!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20...travel_brief_f...

Must have got his license from Canadian Tire.
Ken

That's what happened to a Beech King Air turbo a
couple of weeks ago near me. Ran out of gas, for
as yet undetermined reasons. Shame to see such
a nice plane totalled, but at least no fatalities.

The guys at Stevens have a good reputation.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...11110344/1004/...

I'd like to know how many fuel exhaustions were associated with a
successful emergency off-field landing. Running out of fuel should
not automatically lead to a crash/fatality if the pilot practices his
emergency procedures regularly. This does not excuse the need to have
30+ mins excess over plan of course.

Cheers
Cheers