Old November 5th 03, 07:47 PM

Newps wrote:

wrote:

Assuming it's an IFR airport. If not, then the airspace has not been evaluated
for takeoff minimums and 40:1 surfaces.

So are you saying that Center is giving you headings to fly just like a
tower would? I have never seen this.

That's never happened to me. But, my experience with center clearances at non-tower
airport has been limited to mountainous area airports. They simply clear me via
airways and say report over XYZ VOR or ACMEE intersection/waypoint. It's up to me to
know I should fly the OPD. I've never had a problem with that but folks like the
USAF crew at KJAC did.

Having said all that, I've read here and on other aviation forums of pilots getting
heading assignments out of non-tower airports in the flatlands. Isn't there some
provision in the 7110.65 that permits that "open entering controlled airspace..." or
something to that effect?