Old November 5th 03, 10:16 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Chip Jones" wrote in message
link.net...

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

[snipped]

LOL. If only that damn union would get out of the way, we could

outsource
for some 8-track capability.

I favor privatization for just that reason, but these "experts" didn't

even
bother to develop a model of the system they want to modify immediately.

You favor privatization of the public National Airspace System simply so
that you can bust up a tiny labor union?

I want automation that the Federal system has been incapable of delivering.

You must be a Republican.

The reform of FAA, such that retrofits cease to kill was a Republican
initiative. It is only a few hundred lives a year, but eliminating them put
ATC in the cat bird seat.

That's
the best reason they could come up with to justify ATC privatization too,
since the facts don't lend themselves to any higher motive.

ATC becomming the number two killer in common carrier events after terrorism
helps move the issue forward.

Who cares about a system model for what comes next? American government
works best when we run it like a business, just like Enron, MCI, or any
major airline (say Eastern, Pan Am, TWA etc). Thanks to the political
lobbying efforts of persons such as the Federal Aviation Administrator
herself, we have defeated the evil force of collective bargaining for
employees.

All aviation is politics.

Now we can rest assured that any Republican-owned private
business monopoly winning the low bid on American ATC can turn a profit,

and
profit is what business is all about.

Many profit from FAA.