Old March 22nd 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Lonely up there?

In a previous article, (Paul Tomblin) said:
In a previous article, "Peter R." said:
I do that a lot in the Northeast while flying IFR, since normally even the
airspace over central and western NY state is relatively active, but once
in awhile it does goes quiet.

I especially get that "it's quiet - too quiet" feeling when flying
through Wheeler Sack airspace coming back from Ottawa on a Sunday night.

When I'm heading up to Ottawa, though, sometimes I have to call Wheeler
Sack to remind them that they're supposed to give me a re-route (you can't
file a flight plan with CYRIL in the US, but as you're approaching the ART
VOR they give you a re-route to fly to CYRIL and then execute the CYRIL
ONE arrival).

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Can't get out of 'vi'? Common problem. Don't worry, I'm here to help. Just