Old December 31st 04, 04:06 AM

Default Canadian Licence Question

I am planning on doing my Private Pilot Licence but have a quick
question. Is there a minimum timeframe that all of the flights/written
exam/flight test must be completed in. I recall reading somewhere that
you have 24 months after the application for licence to complete
everything, or is this just the flight test. When does one actually
apply for the licence? Also, if I did a Recreational Permit first +
ground school, how long would the ground school + flight
lessons/written exam be valid for in case I wanted to upgrade years
down the road? I just want to understand the process before I visit a
flight school.

Thanks