Old January 6th 04, 01:53 PM
Rocky

Stan Gosnell wrote in message ...
(Rocky) wrote in
om:

One of the things that still puzzles me is why I have been able to do
the things I have without being in more accidents or without injury
while others have wrecked numerous aircraft with or without death or
injury. There has to be a reason. Anyone have a clue?
Ol Shy & Bashful

Well, they say God takes care of children and fools. I've also been flying
since the 60's, and have never had a serious malfunction. Maybe he takes
better care of some of us than others. Other than that, I don't have a
clue.

Happy New Year Stan!
I recall Herb "Fish" Salmon at Lockheed? saying he had never
experienced an emergency in all his years of test flying and then,
while he was testing a new "gatling" gun type of weapon in some jet,
he ended up having to eject when the jet tucked under from the recoil.
I'm sure you have seen or know of many instances of pilots cutting off
the tail on a poorly executed auto to touchdown...or was it properly
executed and conditions simply didn't allow for a good landing? That
is what puzzles me. The ones I've had to do ended up with not much
more than paint scratches on the bottom of the skids and brown on the
seat cover. Don't misunderstand me, I don't claim to be ace of the
base by any means. And I know you have flown under some really crappy
conditions in the gulf and elsewhere. Surely in your aviation history
you have observed someone who did everything right and got it all
wrong? And, those who did everything wrong and got it right, or more
correctly, got away with it?
The intent of my post was to draw out pilots like you who can add the
the plethora of info that is out there.
Best Profesional Regards
Rocky