Old March 21st 10, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Williams

Default LS8a Wing Extensions

On Mar 20, 11:34*pm, Andy wrote:
On Mar 19, 8:06*pm, Mike Williams wrote:

I'm trying to find out what LS8a will take the 18m wing extensions.
From what I've read, the "Pre DG" Ls8a will and the "Post DG" will
not.

Anyone know what serial number range or year manufactured that might
be?

MW

I know someone that bought a new LS-8 and paid for 18m provisions
intending the buy the 18m tips later. *When he followed up later he
was told he could not buy and fit the 18m tips even thought he had
paid for the provisions. *I think he was told they had to be fitted at
the factory or not at all.

I assume that the tips are not interchangeable between gliders but I
don't own one and can't be sure that is true.

Andy (GY)

Thanks.,...