Old January 3rd 12, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Derek Mackie

Default Smartphone question

I and some others I know have managed to purchase our Dell Streak 5 on
EBay for less than $250. Mine was locked and a 5 minute phone call
with AT&T got me the unlock code for free. The display is
outstanding. I also put on a screen protector/glareshield that I
liked on my hx4700: http://www.boxwave.com/dell-streak-s.../bwpdd/f-zkkp/
this really helps with reflections and doesn't reduce the brightness
significantly. I've got XCSoar loaded and am very impressed with it,
though I haven't flown with it yet. (I have been flying with
WinPilot.) So far, I'm liking this combo.

Cheers,

Derek