Old February 22nd 11, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Logajan

Default Recording flights

"Brent" wrote:
Having seem some postings on here this seems like a good place to come
to ask about recording flights in a semi hands off manner and an
affordable one too.

So far i've had passengers with cameras record two of my takeoffs and
landings and i liked it and it helped illustrate what was happening,
but i'd like to be able to do the same while flying and letting it run
while I busy myself on the flying part.

Some times in some flights i'd like to set 1 or 2 cameras up with an
audio in fom the intercom. Ideally i'd like to set it up so i dont
need to do the shooting and i can just fly the plane.

The following link contains some photos and some brief comments on mounting
of GoPro HD video cameras externally:

http://www.vimeo.com/18855219

I'm impressed with the video quality; have no first hand experience trying
to video any of my flights though.

Interesting coincidence - I believe the airport (Deer Valley) in that video
is also home to "Chris AKA (Dude)" who has been posting links to Youtube
videos of his pilot training to the alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim group.
Here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASKdt7iMNoE

Somewhere on a.g.m.f-s he mentions the camera he used - some very cheap
(under $30) item.