Old September 2nd 09, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
R[_2_]

Default Loosing my newsgroup feed

Anthony W wrote:
I got an eMail from Verizon this morning saying that they are dropping
their news server.

I got the same email this morning.
In anticipation of this event, several months ago, I signed up to try
out the same Usenet service that Ron Wanttaja is recommending,
http://www.eternal-september.org/
I have continued to use my newsreader and have seen no difference in the
service when compared to what Verizon was offering, except, that they
offer a selection that includes some groups that Verizon had dropped
early on.
I do not have to use my browser to read a newsgroup which is a big plus
for time savings.