Old March 7th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
John Kunkel

Default Teflon tape

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way D0t C0m wrote in message
news:tfydnWk_eoK72FLanZ2dnUVZ_uWlnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
wrote in message
My mechanic is getting ready to install new (hideously expensive) fuel
valves in my Comanche and he indicated that he did not want to use
teflon tape on the pipe fittings. Any ideas why teflon is undesirable
for fuel applications? I thought that it was pretty inert.

Fragments can get into carburetor jets or injector orifices and block the
flow.

The only way tape fragments can enter the system is if the tape is applied
incorrectly, another case of a fine product getting dissed because of human
error.