Old April 29th 21, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default Nano-3 will not charge

On 4/28/21 4:41 PM, Tony wrote:
On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 6:21:35 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
Hey all, my Nano-3 is up to date and worked fine a few weeks ago.

Trying to charge it for tomorrow, it continues to DISCHARGE when plugged in to factory wall charger, brand x wall charger, and through PC/USB, both with unit shut down and while up and running.

Started at over 20% battery but it only goes down. 2 LEDs.

I am going to let it crash and try charging from that state, any other udeas?

So finally the discharge is reversing. I did not let it crash, decided that would be risky. Just kept unplugging/replugging and shutting down. Room temperature for three weeks and around 40% charge, apparently that falls under the cautions? Had this thing for about 7 years and new battery last year, looks like I have to treat it with suspicion and kid gloves from now on!?

Have you tried different USB cords? They can become intermittent.

One long shot is USB sockets can become contaminated with dust and
pocket lint after years of use, plugging in the connector pushes a
little bit of gunk into the socket each time. If it happens again, try
holding the plug into the unit. Can be cleaned out with something like
a flat wooden toothpick.