Old August 15th 03, 03:58 PM
Jay Honeck

They're heavy, they hurt, the sound quality is fair to middling -- but
they
never, EVER break.

Gee, we never had our lightspeeds break, but Margy's FlightCom 5DLX's were
a nightmare. I repaired the things several times before I finally gave

up (they
conveniently died on the way to Oshkosh so she bought the (then newly
released) Lightspeed 20K's). I finally decided my Dave Clark 10-80's I'd

been
abusing for 15 years were never going to die and bought the 25 XLs.

Funny how things work, isn't it? My kids can twist and yank and drop the
FlightComs without fear, but they KNOW they have to handle the LightSpeeds
with "kid gloves" or risk the wrath of Dad and a broken headset.

I think I could use the 5DXs as a wheel chock, without harm to them. Of
course, they're so uncomfortable, you practically *want* them to break!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA