Old March 23rd 05, 09:10 PM
John Sinclair

Look up 'Paint' in the phone book and find 'Automotive
paint', they will have everything you need, buffers,
wool pads, buffing compound, sandpaper, etc. Don't
have the number of 3M's stuff in front of me, they
will know. Other brands OK, also.
Stay quick on your feet using that buffer. It can catch
the corner of things like an aileron and it is possible
to do damage. Get familiar with it in the wide open
areas. If it's bad, I would buff it out twice and then
change the transition tape at the edge of the Mylar
(watch the Mylar with that buffer) then I use Simonize
paste wax. Some like WX block or pick one from the
17 pages.
Bat wings, rock...........actually they do. Hit a bump
in the runway on landing and it will start doing an
imitation of a Hobby Horse. Love the ship. Bob Salvo
came up with a fix (fairing) that fixed the climb problem,
she always did run good. I'm keeping mine,
JJ

At 18:30 23 March 2005, Go wrote:
Thanks JJ, er, excuse me, Mr. Wuss. :-)
The benefit of your experience is appreciated.

First, no cracks. Thankfully it is only seven years
old and in good
shape.
3M liquid rubbing compound. Where do I get this? Is
there any part
number or other identifier?

So, this has been debated before? I just did a search
and got seventeen
pages of hits! I'lll go there thanks.

You still flyin' the 'Bat Wing'?

Get some rest,