Old July 12th 03, 03:23 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:04:33 -0500, Greg Esres wrote:

Just a very small nit -- doesn't 713 apply here since the procedure
has a FAF? This does not change the gist of the reply, though.

I couldn't find the chart on my slightly outdated JeppView disk, so I
couldn't look at the approach. I know the poster said the NDB was
slightly to the North, but it still *might* have been treated as an
on-airport NDB. But, I guess from your post, it wasn't. :-)

It IS an on-airport NDB, but the procedure has an FAF. My outdated (1993)
copy of TERPS indicates that Chapter 6 is for NDB Procedures, ON-Airport
Facility NO FAF. Chapter 7 is for NDB Procedures with an FAF. And in
Chapter 7 they do discuss differences between on and off airport
facilities.

Perhaps more recent TERPS have changed this?

Let me check the web ... The chapter headings seem similar to above in
Change 19 dtd May 2002. So I would guess the reference should be Chapter
7, for an NDB with an FAF (location could be off or on airport).

Best,
--ron