Old July 7th 04, 09:11 PM
Bela P. Havasreti

On 7 Jul 2004 10:36:41 -0700, (Bill Berle) wrote:

snip

The experienced Cessna mechanics I have spoken to assure me that
replacing the seat rails is a real pain in the ass, and is far more
difficult than others in the newsgroup have assumed. I have not
replaced Cessna seat rails, so I can't say from experience. I
understand that it is a very painful and awkward task to get at the
backside of several of the rivets, and many shops use Cherry rivets or
other blind rivets to do it out of necessity.

I suppose everything is relative.... I've had the entire floors
drilled off (front & rear) in under an hour. Makes seat track
replacement easy grins and you can also take the opportunity
to clean the inner belly of all that crap that has accumulated there
over the years.

You need the right bucking bars to get at all the rivets (might have
to make/modify one or two).

I agree the average owner may not want to tackle this.... (under
the supervision of an A&P/IA, of course). I only wanted to mention
that (at least in my opinion), it ain't that big a deal....

snip

Adieu, newsgroups, now I remember why I left in the first place.

Bill

Stick around. Every now & then we get our feathers ruffled
(been there myself). In the grand scheme of things (the meaning
of life, etc.), it's no big deal....

Bela P. Havasreti