Old February 12th 18, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default RIP Matt Wright (Balleka on YouTube)

On Monday, 12 February 2018 20:33:00 UTC+2, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Really?
I will admit I have limited experience in "newer" other brand standard ships, but I can't say I EVER had an issue with the divebrakes in a -24 (couple hundred hours flying it, numerous off airport landings, nothing broken.....).

I know couple pilots with over 1000hrs in '24, competing decades without a hitch, and trust their opinion that it has weak airbrakes. You cannot do same manouvers with '24 that you could get away with LS or Discus (of same vintage). It does not mean that it is unsafe or problematic to fly, of course..