Old February 13th 18, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Default RIP Matt Wright (Balleka on YouTube)

I think the simplest factor that may have had a major effect on his decision was seeing the other glider successfully complete a circuit earlier after an early release.

The subconscious correlation between the earlier launch/return and his flight may have influenced him enough to the point where other options didn't come to mind in the heat of the moment.

In the end, he did us all a great service with his videos and helped us all even more with the sharing of our thoughts on his accident. I know my decision making and pre-planning will be sharper because of this thread.

Paul A.
Jupiter, FL
ASW-19 (basic un-modded speed brakes...for now.)