Old March 9th 10, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default More Glide Nav 2 questions - Need technical advice

Hi Ray,

Enter a task into GN II. Start flying the task. While navigating to a any
turnpoint in the task - touch the name of the active waypoint to pop-up the
list of turnpoints in the task. When the list is visible you will also see
a button on the right side of the screen labeled "To Finish". Most people
don't notice that button is there. It is only visible when the task list is
"popped-up". If you press the "To Finish" button the active waypoint window
will then show "Glide To Finish". GN II will still be navigating to the
turnpoint you were previously navigating to (a line is drawn from your
current location to the turnpoint - not to the finish), but the final glide
number will be from your current location, around all the remaining
turnpoints to the finish. If you find that you still need a lot of altitude
and want to again see the final glide to the turnpoint you are navigating
to, then touch the active waypoint button to pop up the turnpoint list and
select the turnpoint you are navigating to. It really is very intuitive -
once you notice the "To Finish" button and know what it does.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"rlovinggood" wrote in message
Scott, I hope you won't mind much if I also ask a Glide Navigator II
question:

How do you set it up to glide around two points?

Thanks,
Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA