Old January 22nd 04, 12:45 AM
A Lieberman

VideoGuy wrote:

I've searched the rec.aviation FAQS and couldn't find anything pertinent to
the evils of crossposting. Am I missing something important here, or is
this just a lot of smoke by people who just don't like Jay?

Gary,

There is nothing evil about crossposting so long as the topic is
appropriate for all groups you post to. It may be subjective to some,
but just common sense prevails.

If you are posting what GPS should you get for your airplane, posting
this would not be appropriate for rec.aviation.students.

However, if you are learning how to do a particular flight manuever in
your airplane and are looking for CFI advise, to me, posting to
rec.aviation.owning and .students would be appropriate since you are
solicitating information from a owner who may have your make and model
of plane or a CFI who has flown that type of airplane. Bottom line,
common sense should prevail when you cross post.

I saw your post, though didn't notice what groups you posted in. I
didn't find anything objectional, but I am only one electron in the
community of megabits.

Allen