Old February 14th 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Chicago Flying

How has flying down the Chi.lakefront changed since 9/11?

I haven't done the Chicago VFR corridor since King Daley bulldozed Meigs,
but I've been told it's actually much easier to fly it, now that Meigs is
gone. You can buzz right over the old island now, unimpeded.

What an idiot Daley is -- through ignorance, ineptitude, and criminal action
he has actually made it far EASIER for an aircraft to crash into downtown.

I was just watching a video of us landing at Lake Lawn (circa 1996) last
night, and the place was PACKED, including biz jets. Have you heard
anything about the runway at Lake Lawn? The resort is in the middle of a
zillion-dollar renovation, and I'm wondering if they're going to upgrade the
airport, which the last owners had abandoned a few years ago.

Last time I landed there (2004-ish) it was pretty sad.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA