Old February 15th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Chicago Flying

Nathan Young wrote:
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 00:10:50 -0600, "Marty"
wrote:

A question to all you IL.guys.

How has flying down the Chi.lakefront changed since 9/11?

Now that Meigs is gone - we no longer have to talk to anyone, although
because of traffic, it is always a good idea to get flight following
from Approach.

I actually found Chicago approach to be difficult and useless. Gary
provides decent advisories on their BRITE until you get too far
from them. I've dealt with approach controls all up and down
the east coast and as far west as Denver, but Chicago is the
most difficult to deal with VFR.