Old July 15th 11, 03:14 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Default FAA Accident Report discrepancy.

I have just read the FAA final report for a glider accident with which I am familiar. The original narrative and the report itself contradict each other to some degree. One says the pilot was trying to land on a perpendicular runway, the other on the reciprocal of the original runway on which he was trying to land. While this might not be the most earth shaking event ever investigated by an arm of the Federal Government, it indicates a lack of accuracy in something which should have been easy. Does anyone care about accuracy in reporting anymore?

We can learn from these things, but only if the reporting officials get it right. I will be interested in seeing the report of the 2-32 that crashed in Montana with a DPE and a CFI-G on board.

Walt