Old July 16th 11, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

Default FAA Accident Report discrepancy.

On Jul 15, 7:14*am, Walt Connelly Walt.Connelly.
wrote:
I have just read the FAA final report for a glider accident with which I
am familiar. *The original narrative and the report itself contradict
each other to some degree. *One says the pilot was trying to land on a
perpendicular runway, the other on the reciprocal of the original runway
on which he was trying to land. *While this might not be the most earth
shaking event ever investigated by an arm of the Federal Government, it
indicates a lack of accuracy in something which should have been easy.
Does anyone care about accuracy in reporting anymore? *

We can learn from these things, but only if the reporting officials get
it right. *I will be interested in seeing the report of the 2-32 that
crashed in Montana with a DPE and a CFI-G on board. *

Walt

--
Walt Connelly

I've found that NTSB final reports leave a lot to be desired.
Locations wrong, local landmarks named wrong, just for a couple of
examples.