Old May 24th 18, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

Default Flying in Europe

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 6:23:58 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, 22 May 2018 23:48:23 UTC-4, Howie Bohl wrote:
Which countries will allow a US Glider rated pilot to fly solo without additional paperwork?
Thanks In Advance
-Howie

Try: https://aopa.de/ueber-uns/for-foreig...alidation.html

We have about 7 US Team members needing to do this in the next few weeks.

Regards,
Bob

Bob,

Good information. Last year the LBA wanted a "certification" letter from the FAA confirming my current flight privileges. The letter had to be Faxed to them.

Needless to say the FAA representative in OK City didn't know anything about this and was only able to offer a complex procedure by which an email confirmation could be generated after a month or so. It turns out that the FAA online airmens services has an option to get a web generated letter which is available immediately as a PDF.

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certifi...rmen_services/

Presto, problem solved. The only thing needed after that is to go back a couple decades and figure out how to send a fax ;-)

Thanks,
Craig