Old June 6th 19, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Fixter[_3_]

Default Discus B canopy hinge repair

At 14:42 06 June 2019, wrote:
Has anyone out there had any experience with a loose aft canopy hinge on

Discus B? I am working with the owner of his Discus and the aft hinge is
noticeably loose as it sits in the frame.

Details from Schempp Hirth are a bit vague with respect to the

replacement
hinge which the owner has purchased.

Specifically, I require details on how to excavate the cavity around the
hinge and then what weight of carbon fibre cloth is used to overlay the
hinge on the outside of the frame.

cheers
mike
Hi Mike
Excavate the old hinge with a dremel type mini grinder using a diamind

burr, you can just work around the hinge and not brake through the outer
skin,the tricky part of the job is bonding the new hinge in position
making shoure that the canopy is in the correct position or it will be a
start again job, if you find Schempp's instructions a bit vague email them
for a better description of the part you find to vague understand.

KF