Old December 27th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_1_]

Default soaring into the future

At 13:06 27 December 2007, Dan G wrote:
On Dec 27, 7:01=A0am, Steve Davis
wrote:
At 21:49 26 December 2007, Brad wrote:
Soaring
in America needs
high altitude high capacity winch launch locations,

I've always wondered why no-one in the US has imported
a Skylaunch kit
sans engine and fitted it with a locally-sourced engine
and
transmission. That would give you a powerful, controllable
winch with
a reasonable outlay.

Dan

It has always puzzled me why someone in the US hasn't
already approached Mike Grove at Skylaunch with a view
to building Skylaunches under licence instead of trying
to re-invent the winches that Skylaunch has eclipsed.
That way you would have a thoroughly proven system,
be able to source GM marine V8s and transmission units
locally, and not have to transport heavy mechanical
assemblies across the Atlantic at all.

John Galloway