Old July 1st 13, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Terry Pitts

Default Jacumba Glider Accident Sat June 29?

Sad event.

At the reported altitude, the glider should not yet have had very much of a nose-high attitude. The initial climb to 150-200' should have been very flat until a safe height has been reached.

Anything steeper is very much frowned upon on both German and British soaring circles.

I hope the "ride" was truly a friend giving a friend a ride and that no money changed hands. I know it's common for clubs to do rides as a fund raiser, but they do require a commercial pilot.