Old March 18th 04, 01:38 AM
Ralph DuBose

Larry Kessler wrote in message . ..
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"Larry Kessler" wrote in message
.. .

You certainly seem to have lost your patience, at least, in post
et:

I've repeated the explanation over and over. Why are you unable
to understand the explanation? Do you have an identified learning
deficiency?

Poor judgment on your part.

I call 'em like I see 'em. "Poor judgment" is just one bigot's
opinion of that perception.

That's what must have led you to the conclusion that anyone who
doesn't accept your conclusions must therefore not understand them and
might be learning-disabled.

Marriage is a pretty simple concept.

No, it isn't. If it were, we'd have no need of alt.support.marriage
newsgroup, marriage counselors, divorce lawyers, how-to books, or
myriads of laws and customs relating to marriage. These laws and
customs vary wildly from place to place and from one era to the next,
by the way. Did you know that until the 19th century the Catholic
church used to perform same-sex marriages

What you must be referring to was something more like a sacrament
of friendship to restore a broken relationship. It was something the
church would referee between alienated friends, in my understanding.
Besides, the modern concept of homosexuality was not very widely
held in the 18th, 19th centuries. At any rate, the catholic church has
never given approval to same sex sex, St. Thomas Aquinas wrote his
natural law theolgy, on which subsequent teaching have been based, a
long time before that. And it categorically condemned all sexual acts
that "were not open to the transmission of life".
So, whatever the church did, it was not giving anyone permission
for sex apart from unprotected piv.

, and until Utah wanted to
join the USA it was legal there to marry several women? These laws
and customs are not set in stone for all time and handed down on Mt.
Sinai from the hand of the Lord; they are crafted by humans.

There's obviously something wrong with
those that are unable to understand it.

Yup, I guess anyone who disagrees with you on this must be stupid,
insane, or evil.

No, the "something wrong" with those of us who don't see it your way
is that we THINK FOR OURSELVES. Obviously, that's not OK with you.