Old November 4th 15, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default FYI to USA clubs and FBOs.

On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 5:48:57 PM UTC-5, WB wrote:
On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 3:11:26 PM UTC-6, wrote:
A new company is out now called Rush Cube.

I was contacted by a rep from Rush Cube who wanted to set up glider rides through our club. Almost immediately it was clear that Rush Cube was a broker operation and they had no idea what a glider was or what a ride involved. I told the rep that our club would not do business with them. I notified the rest of the club officers. I think Rush Cube got the idea since we have heard nothing else from them. Papa3 has it right: a little research will show you that people have had some terrible experiences with Rush Cube.

I instruct and give rides for our local glider FBO, and it's amazing what people show up with from time to time. With more and more people going "digital" (i.e. not picking up the phone to speak with someone), it might not be a bad idea for gliderports to explicitly post policies related to third-party certificates right on their home page. At least that way you have another level of protection when someone comes in with an Adrenaline Experience E-Ticket from Fly By Nite Incorporated.