Old January 6th 06, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default ANNUAL, 2005 Redux...

Montblack,
There is no operational advantage to one or the other... Both brands of
mags work... The Bendix mags are rebuildable to infinity and every
mechanic has parts on the shelf if you have a problem on the way to
Peoria... Not true of Slicks (at least yet)... Slicks are considered
to be a trade in item... You don't rebuild them in the field... My
Bendix cores will be massaged and wind up on someone elses airplane,
but for me it didn't make economic sense when I could buy the factory
rebuilt mag for less than the cost of the parts to overhaul...

Cheers ... Denny