Old December 10th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
A Lieberma

Default IFR Cancellation Question

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
s.com:

What if you're just a couple of miles from the field but haven't
reported it in sight?

Surely I hope you are not talking from experience on this scenario??? If
so, what exactly did happen?

On a *clear* day where visibility is above marginal VFR, couple miles from
the airport, I am betting what you are describing is a very, very and very
rare occurance.

And would your workload permit VFR flight following on days where MVFR and
IFR traffic are intermingling?

What you describe above would **almost** sound like an emergency situation
for a lost pilot and nothing near the norm???

Allen