Old June 4th 06, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Fuel sender gaskets???

mikem wrote:
I'm replacing the fuel sender gaskets to cure a leak. The old gaskets
show evidence of extrusion due to overtightening the screws.

How tight should the screws be? (Tight enough to seal, but not tight
enough to deform/cut the gasket?)

Should I use any form of gasket cement between the steel face of the
sender and the gasket?

Between the gasket and the aluminum surface on the tank?

MikeM

When I put a new fuel cell in my airplane last year it came with all
the gaskets including the sender gasket. It was cork and I used a light
coat of Vaseline only. They shouldn't need any sealer. The torque
spec should be in the maint manual, but its not much. Also retorque
after 24 hrs as the gasket 'sets'.