Old March 16th 21, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default $1 billion BMS Ooops...

Matthew Scutter wrote on 3/15/2021 5:30 PM:
On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 10:10:51 AM UTC+10, Eric Greenwell wrote:

Anyway, relax a bit, don't let your range anxiety cloud your thinking. I have 4000+ hours in a
motorgliders, much of it in places with mountains - as you know. I assure you, I have used all
that experience when considering what glider is suitable for me. After all, I did write the
book on operating motorgliders :^)
--

Or recharge, then fly home the next day? I take a charger with me in my landout kit.

I'm hoping that will be practical in the GP15. Overnight, even a small 500 watt charger would
be enough to add 50 self-retrieve miles to whatever charge was in the battery upon landing.