Old March 16th 04, 12:47 PM
MRQB

Who cares about Krispy Kream we just got the largest HOOTERS in the USA here
ware there is a strip joint on every corner.

"Brad Salai" wrote in message
Can you really get 10,000 Krispy Kream doughnuts? Come on, lets give it a
try!

Brad
"Bill Denton" wrote in message
Couple of points:

The form had nothing to do with the bank. I guess you missed it, but 10

or
15 years ago regulations went into effect that required anyone

withdrawing
$10,000 or more from a financial institution had to fill out a form and

the
feds had to be notified of the transaction. The idea was to cut down on

the
drug trafficking and money laundering. Of course, your average coke

dealer
simply withdrew $9,995, went outside for a smoke, then came back in and

got
the other $5.00. So much for that idea!

As far as asking for the money a day in advance goes, that's just common
sense. Banks get robbed. The more money in the bank, the more money that
guts stolen. So banks try to limit their funds on hand to what they

think
they will actually need in a day. Try walking into your nearest Krispy

Kreme
and getting 10,000 donuts right now. It ain't going to happen! Krispy

Kreme
only makes the donuts the feel they will sell in a certain period of

time.
But if you call and order them, they'll be happy to whip out 10,000 for

you.

And for whoever might be of an argumentive bent, I already know how much
interest a zillion dollars earns in a nanosecond, but the "robbery"

example
is also correct, so let it go.

"MRQB" wrote in message
They had me fill out a form for the government! Told me that next time

call a day in advance so they could order the funds. They almost

refused
give me over 10k at once told them it was my money and i want it

now!!!!!!
said I dont care that I need to fill out a form to get my money so

give
me
my money or give me every thing in my account and close it they gave

me
the
amount i asked for was more then 16k that i was asking for.

I hate banks for that reason.

"Doug" wrote in message
om...
What did the bank say when you told them you wanted to withdraw 16k

in
cash?

"MRQB" wrote in message
Hello, all well I have been lurking and posting trying to find me

low
cost
time builder well I almost have up the hunt, I went to bed early
Thursday
night woke up about 4am logged on to eBay and to my surprise a

local
area
person posted a nice little low time 1976 150 called the guy at

5am
woke
him
up, he called back about 8 am I spoke with him settled on a over

the
phone
price, price dependant upon inspection.

A friend and I drove for about 4 hours to go look at this bird. We

got
there
before the seller and started poking around a old guy smoking a

cigar
came
out and asked you interested in that airplane, said maybe can you

tell
me a
bit about it. Said yea I can I just got done doing a major a major
annual to
it. Talked with him got all his info and he went away. The seller

showed
up
about 5 min later had all the logs back to new, I asked him if we

could
pull
it over to the mechanics hanger so I could inspect the airplane.

Now
is
ware
it starts to get interesting!

He hands me the keys and says' s taxi it over and ill get you guys

some
screw drivers well had a problem starting starter clutch went bad?
Seller
acted like he did not know about it but since it was going over to

the
shop
he had a A & P put a new one in and put an entry in the logs, Now

with
all
inspection plates removed and new starter clutch the 4 hours pre

buy
inspection is under way. Only 3 squawks were found but not an
airworthiness
issue's.

We put the plane back together and go review the log books well he

said
that
it was IFR certified well it was clearly not but it was in 1987.

There
was
no damage history neither was there any missing logs and all AD's

have
been
complied with. Went to the seller told him that it was not IFR

certified
and
started the negations. We settled on a cash price that was more

than
Fair to
me tell you the truth I'd have paid $5k to $7k more if I had more

money.

I went there with cash in hand for price we agreed upon over the

phone.
The
plane had 3 squawks and was not IFR certified as I was told It

dose
have
full IFR panel. I offered him a lower amount than we agreed on the

phone
due
to the discrepancies The seller declined after I started to walk

back
the
truck to go home. The seller made a counter offer $50.00 more than

my
offer
my friend looks at me said take it worth way more then he is

asking.
So
went inside sat down at the table got all the paperwork done and

counted
out
$16k in cash we both signed a sales agreement he signed the bill

of
sale
we
shook hands and now I own me a late model 150.

Times
4030 Airframe
700 SMOH Engine Compressions 74,75,77,75
100 ON New Prop

All around condition a strong 7.5 may an low 8

Fresh Annual Done Right!! Nothing Deferred, Airplane Has New

tires,
break
rotors, wheel Barings, fuel line, fuel strainer valves, fuel

gages,
steering
rods and boots, starter clutch, and a lot more, yes it dose help

get
another set of eyes on the airplane as we found 3 non

airworthyness
squawks
little things that dont really need to be done buy are getting

done
monday.
I know i am happy I kinda feel guilty at the price i go it for.

Thanks To All The Groups Here For Putting Up With Me And For All

The
Excellent Advice.