Old July 31st 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
flyer

Default Get Rid Of Warbirds At Oshkosh

I'd vote to get rid of the Warbirds too. This year [this morning in
fact] a small window opened in the extreme weather experienced this
year as we were trying to depart. As we lined up on the taxi way,
someone decided it would be a great time for some t6s to preform some
sort of 'airshow'. We waited and waited with engines running thinking
we would be going soon. Twenty minutes later, some of us were let out
of the penalty box.

After 20 minutes of idle, then applying take off power among aircraft
with very different speeds [I was in my Lancair] this is NO time for a
hic up!

There is a place for this warbird thing but the timing today was way
out of line. I've already written EAA Hwq stating my displeasure.

Earl Schroeder