Old October 28th 03, 01:49 AM
Darrel Toepfer

"eg" wrote...
I am trying to get some information on a P-51 mustang called "Spare

Parts".
My wifes grandfather worked on this plane while he was in WWII. Said it

was
his favorite airplane. He was a mechanic and help build this plane from
three that were damaged. I am an amature artist and would like to make

drawing of the plane for him. Any information about this airplane or
flights would be helpful in putting together a historically accurate

sketch.

thanks in advance for the help.

Apparently P-51B, serial 43-6623, of the 310th Ferrying Squadron,
based in BAD2, Warton, was dropped in the water when being
unloaded from the ship at the dock in Liverpool:
http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/bbs/messages3/3558.html

This site has conflicting stories about the plane he
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/lait/site/P-51%2043-6623.htm
It may have been eventually ditched at sea after repairs were
made from having originally crashed at takeoff...